Please follow my work and activities at www.facebook.com/maggieleaverpaintings/
Now On / Coming Up
BIRMINGHAM OPEN STUDIOS 15 and 16th September 2018. A selection of my work including a number of new pieces is exhibited in The Old Print Works - for more info www.birminghamopenstudios.com.
I have several pieces of locally inspired original watercolours also exhibiting in Moseley Exchange as part of the AUTUMN EXHIBITION by Core Collectives - on till the end of October.
mac Art Market - I have limited edition giclee prints, framed and unframed, one or two original paintings and cards to sell at the occasional event. Next is 4 November 2018 with a couple of dates in December to follow. Hope to see you!
I value the uplifting and healing qualities of colour and natural form in art as well as the ability of art to provoke thought, inform and record.
I use contemporary painting approaches and experimental methods in watercolour, oils and other media. My work divides into two main areas - paintings inspired by the beauty of colour and natural forms and social comment art.
All my artwork is developed to capture the essence and evoke emotions through expressive practices.
I have had several pieces of work selected and exhibited by the RBSA (Royal Birmingham Society of Artists), held my first solo exhibition two years ago and exhibit regularly with the Core Collectives and Hall Green Art.
Solihull Courtyard Gallery with Core Collectives Summer 2018
1000 Trades with Core Collectives - Summer 2018
Blue Butterfly Gallery, Solihull Hospital Spring 2018
Moseley Exchange with Hall Green Art 26 May 2018
Gunmakers Arms with Core Collectives 19 February - 10 March 2018
November 2017 - Moseley Exchange - with Hall Green Art.
July/August 2017 Birmingham Botanical Gardens gallery - Edgabsaton Artists exhibition
rbsa friends exhibition June / July 2017 - waseley blue 2 (SOLD)
rbsa open exhibition until 8 april 2017 - 'like me and you' - oil on canvas
Hall Green Art - Kings Heath Moseley - spring exhibition 2017
29 October 2016 - stall at Moseley Art Market
26 November 2016 - " " " "
1 - 25 July 2016 - Winterbourne House and Gardens Coachhouse Gallery 'colour form feel' - solo exhibition of artwork - 11 paintings sold.
Hall Green Art 28 May 2016 - Moseley Exchange
Hall Green Artists - 31 October 2015
- Cannon Hill Art School Exhibition - Midlands Arts Centre - 'I'm 25 in my head' - 17 July - September 2015
- Royal Birmingham Society of Artists - June 17 - 11 July 2015 - 'Patterns, Colours'
- Royal Birmingham Society of Artists - Prize exhibition May/June 2015 - 'Hidden(Family Carer Series)
- Hall Green Art - February 2015
- Royal Birmingham Society of Artists - Friends Exhibition - September 2014 - 'Bliss'.
- Hall Green Art - Birmingham Botanical Gardens June - 17 July 2014
- Chatterton Hall. Hall Green Art Society - 10 May 2014 - eight paintings exhibited.
- RBSA (Royal Birmingham Society of Artists) - 19 - 29 March 2014 - 'Tough' (Family Carer Series) and 'Glimpse' (Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham)
- a selection of work in The Kitchen Garden Cafe, Kings Heath, Birmingham
- Woodbridge Rd Gallery, Moseley (Hall Green Art Society) 30 November - 1 December 2013
- Royal Birmingham Society of Artists – Friends Exhibition – August/September 2013 – painting selected – ‘Still Life with Bucket’ (Family Carer Series). Medium - watercolour on paper.
- The Open Project - Midlands Art Centre - June/July 2013 - Rubber Gloves, Bucket, Bottle, Glass, Pills Tissues (Family Carer Series)
- Course work - Helen Tarr – Midlands Arts Centre ‘Practical Visual Enquiry’ – September 2011 –continuing.
- Cannon Hill art school - midlands arts centre 2015
- Workshops and demonstrations with Helen Tarr, RBSA, Hall Green Art and sessions with Paul Bartlett have supported extensive self-learning in and around these sessions and courses.
- very powerful - best painting I have seen for a while " re: painting 'Tough (Family Carer Series)'
- " my favourites are Brightening (Sold) and Life Change 2"
- " have had a look at your clikpic site and really liked what I saw, especially the Brightening picture (I like flowers plus colour) and Tough (great emotion in this one) " Julie K.
- " Like your work" The Kitchen Garden Cafe
- " Love it!" JD (re Brightening)
- "Love your work" - Lee Benson (No9 The Gallery)
- really, no I mean i really loved your work (Ian)
- "I see the sky,the sea , the cliffs ,the waves , the surf . The more I look the more I see . Its like lying on a grassy bank and seeing all of natures elements reflected in the passing clouds above .. I like it. ( Neil Foster )
Greetings cards are also now available for sale at The Royal Birmingham Society of Artists (RBSA), St Pauls Square, Armadillo, Poplar Rd, Kings Heath and The kitchen Garden Cafe, York Rd, Kings Heath, all of Birmingham and the occasional art stall!
This website is currently under development. For any further information please contact Maggie by email at - [email protected]